Junior Project Manager - Governance (Romania)
Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries. The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
Under the supervision of the Team (SPMs and PMs), you will be responsible for conducting activities related to day-to-day work of the department. As a Junior Project Manager, you steer the execution of our projects in the ENI East countries (European Neighbourhood Instruments) and you are involved and have responsibilities in the different phases of the project cycle.
- You will participate in the identification of new project opportunities;
- You will participate in the development of new projects (including proposal writing, partnership set up and experts’ selections);
- You will support in any other operational aspects of bid management as requested by the Team (DMD, SPMs and PMs).
- You will provide support in operational project management under the supervision of the team (invoices and timesheet management, negotiations and contracts of short-term experts, financial and operational monitoring, audit preparation, etc.);
- You will organise field monitoring missions to backstopping projects;
- You will provide support for the management of a team of experts with the support of a direct manager (remotely and in situ);
- You will ensure optimal organisation of the expert team work, high quality results while meeting financial targets;
- You will ensure the quality control of missions’ outputs (reports, planning, etc...);
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
- You will help train and grow more junior staff members.
Desired competencies and experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French is a clear advantage
- Experience and knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Quality- and detail-oriented approach
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment
- Interest in becoming a Project Manager and taking on new responsibilities
- Previous experience in project coordination or international project management - not mandatory
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
A permanent contract with benefits;
Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week;
A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
This position should be based in Bucharest.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to mentioning Junior Project Manager - Governance in the subject field.