Junior Project Manager - Justice, Civil Society & Culture
B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.).
B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long-standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
Under the supervision of the Team (SPMs and PMs), the Junior Project Manager will be responsible for conducting activities related to day-to-day work of the unit in the field of Justice, Civil Society and Culture. As a Junior Project Manager work in the development of tender proposals and management of projects. The ideal candidate for this job should be able to produce effective, concise and compelling content while under the pressure associated with deadlines.
Specific duties and responsibilities
• Work in collaboration with relevant management and teams to identify and develop new funding streams
• Identify relevant funding opportunities related to Justice, Civil Society and Culture
• Provide coordination and guidance on the development of funding strategies for new and existing programs
• Contribute to network development (research of experts, partners and subcontractors).
• Production of tenders and grants (Concept notes, full proposals) for different donors
Management of Projects
• Provision of support in operational project management related to Justice, Civil society and Culture under the supervision of the team (invoices and timesheet management, negotiations and contracts of short-term experts, financial and operational monitoring, etc.).
• Managements projects relating to Justice, Civil society and culture
• Preparation of project audits.
• University Graduate.
• 2 years of relevant experience in managing/developing Justice/Civil society/Culture projects funded by the EU.
• Significant experience in development of tender proposals and methodologies.
• Perfect oral and drafting skills in English, good working knowledge of French. Spanish skills will be considered as an asset.
• Computer skills MS Office (Excel Word Power Point), Internet, and database.
Summary of skills
• Excellent communicator
• A high attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability
• Deadline driven with effective time management skills
• Thrive in a busy environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Experience in the required business sector
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter through our online application https://www.bseurope.com/our-offices, through the "Click here" tab above. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection policy as published in B&S Europe website. No application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.