Reform and Modernisation of the State Customs Inspectorate of the Kyrgyz Republic
- To contribute to the development of an effective, professional and transparent Customs service that has the capacity to achieve an appropriate balance between ensuring rapid and secure trade flows, collecting satisfactory revenue and protecting society form illicit activities.
- To assist the State Custom Inspectorate to design and implement a comprehensive reform programme in line with its Modernisation and Development Strategy 2002-2010 as well as World Trade Organisation (WTO), World Customs Organisation (WCO) and EU Partnership and cooperation Agreement (PCA) standards and obligations with a focus on:
- Legislative approximation: gap analysis of the current legislation, proposal for secondary legislation, improvement of appeal procedures and design of a methodology for the dissemination;
- Institutional Capacity building, in particular Risk Assessment/ Selectivity, Post Clearance Audit and Anti Fraud Units;
- Design and Delivery of an Operation and Awareness Training;
- IT analysis and design MIS for improving custom services.
Area of competence:
SECURITY AND HOME AFFAIRS > Customs control > Customs administration
Start of project: