Support to the Ministy of Local Government
- To build the institutional and technical capacity of the new Ministry of Local Government Administrationto to perform its mandate regarding policy formulation and the development of implementation/enforcement mechanisms, particularly in areas identified in the Standards Implementation Plan and according to cross cutting issues.
- A strong strategic position of the Ministry for Local Government. Administration assuring its sustainability in the context of the Kosovopublic administration for optimal fulfilment of its responsibilities,
- The Ministry’s strategy translated into planned, programmed and budgeted actions fully mainstreamed with gender and minority concerns,
- A practice of supervision and coordination of municipalities which is effective but also leaves municipalities with sufficient means to adapt tolocal circumstances and their proper policy preferences,
- Effective and beneficial supervision on correct law application and civilprotection,
- Standardization of municipal work, such as economic development planning, enabling performance indication and mutual benefits,
- Specific central regulation requiring activities by municipalities clarifiedwhere needed,
- Effective coordination of donor support to municipalities,
- Effective implementation of cross cutting issues within Ministry and Municipalities.
Europe (Eastern & Central)
Area of competence:
DECENTRALIZATION AND LOCAL DEVELOPMENT > Local Development Strategies > Legal reform > Support to local authorities
Start of project: