Procurement Manager - Libya Office (based in Tunis or Tripoli)
B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.). B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long-standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing strategic bids and projects. He/she organizes and manages end-to-end projects. This means that you are involved and have responsibilities in the different phases of the project design and management. The main project to manage will be in Libya in the SSR sector. The Project Manager will be based in Tunis or Tripoli.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Identification and negotiation
- Conduct market studies, based on needs determined by experts
- Initiate business and organization partnerships with suppliers
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services, in coordination with the project manager
- Ensure application and documentation of PRAG procurement procedures
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Contracting of suppliers
- Ensure delivery of the goods
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the project
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Abilities and attitudes
- Capacity to negotiate with international as well as local suppliers
- Proactive and dynamic spirit identifying opportunities and tackling problems;
- Excellent team-working and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate with a variety of different profiles;
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong motivation and relationship-building qualities with local and international stakeholders
- Capacity of independent decision-making and taking initiative;
- Organizational skills at project and team level.
Qualifications and profile
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- At least 5 years experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in market studies
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management
- Aptitude in working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Proven knowledge of EU PRAG and other donors’ funding procedures;
- Perfect oral and drafting skills in English (Arabic would be an asset)
- Computer skills MS Office (Excel Word Power Point), Internet, and database;
- Proactive and result oriented in his/her work.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter ONLY through our online application https://www.bseurope.com/our-offices, through the "Click here" tab above. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection policy as published in B&S Europe website. No application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.