Project Assistant - Global Value Chain Unit (GVC-U)
Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries.
The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
The ACP team develops and implements technical assistance projects in the regions of Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific. The team is very dynamic, collaborative and is currently looking for 2 Project Assistants.
As Project Assistant in the Global Value Chain Unit (GVC-U), you will support the team in all tasks related to the acquisition, management and implementation of projects and studies through a proactive and committed attitude in line with our company values.
You will report to the Project Manager.
- You will support the management of global value chain and trade-related projects/studies in developing and least-developed countries, with a focus on results-based management.
You will strengthen the GVC-U’s functions and ensure that GVC-U’s projects achieve results in an efficient, effective and sustainable manner:
- Directly contribute to ongoing projects by developing research products in the field of international trade and industrial policy. This may include research and analysis of trade and production data, firm level data and of country level socio-economic data;
- Contribute to key initiatives by providing backstopping support, e.g.: search and evaluation of thematic experts; management and filing of invoices and other administrative documents; budget management; evaluation and tailoring of CVs; drafting of Terms of Reference etc.;
- Assist with the GVC-U’s ongoing and future projects from an operational perspective, e.g.: developing project schedules, reviewing technical inputs, drafting project notes, preparing project status reports;
- Monitor service delivery and project implementation with clients: establish and maintain external relations with partners and clients; support project delivery and reporting; monitoring and implementation of the project activities, financial and administrative management etc.;
- Identify and follow-up of potential business opportunities;
- Undertake any other administrative and/or data management activities as required.
- You will perform any other tasks as required by Senior Management based on the evolving priorities of the GVC-U.
Desired competencies and experience
- You are a recent graduate in Political Science, Economics, Geopolitics and Trade or other relevant disciplines;
- You have previous experience through internships or final academic papers) concerning the methods for research in social sciences (qualitative and quantitative data analysis)
- You have a strong interest in cooperation and development field, in particular in governance, security and justice sectors;
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and French is an asset;
- You are capable of independent decision-making and taking initiative;
- You have proven organisational skills; capacity to communicate on processes;
- You are able to manage your time effectively, organise tasks and prioritise workloads
- Previous experience working for international organisations/institutions is considered an asset
- You are computer-literate, especially the MS office suit and you have knowledge of online databases;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly and open personality.
What we offer
- A 6-months “contrat d’immersion professionnelle”, remunerated 970€ net per month;
- A great professional environment nurturing personal growth and development;
Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week (after you settle in).
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter ONLY through our website, using the "Click here" tab above. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection policy as published in B&S Europe website. No application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.For additional information, please contact