Project Manager - Libya Office (based in Tunis or Tripoli)
B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.). B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long-standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing strategic bids and projects. He/she organizes and manages end-to-end projects. This means that you are involved and have responsibilities in the different phases of the project design and management. The main project to manage will be in Libya in the SSR sector. The Project Manager will be based in Tunis or Tripoli.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Management of projects
- Management of category 2 projects;
- Secure a positive image and reputation for B&S;
- Regular field missions in the project country (if based in Tunis);
- Management the organisation of the expert team work, the quality of the results and the financial aspects of projects (responsibility for monitoring financial aspects);
- Participation in technical assistance projects and/or framework contracts as experts.
Acquisition of projects
- Management of category 2 bids;
- Support the team in other bid management processes (category 1 to 3);
- Extension of network of experts, clients and partners;
- Development of B&S activities in countries of action;
- Support in any other operational aspects of priority bid management (for projects in other categories) as requested by the Team (DMDs and SPMs).
- Active participation/role in B&S working groups (regional, technical and Thematic);
- Monitoring of the project team’s work (frequent check of operational and support tasks, quality and procedures, etc);
- Training of JPMs and PAs on all aspects of a bid;
- Mentoring and coaching of PAs and JPMs.
Abilities and attitudes
- Proactive and dynamic spirit identifying opportunities and tackling problems;
- Excellent team-working and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate with a variety of different profiles;
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong motivation and relationship-building qualities with local and international stakeholders
- Capacity of independent decision-making and taking initiative;
- Organizational skills at project and team level.
Qualifications and profile
- Management of team members
- University graduate
- Post graduate studies in a field related to SSR sector
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Proven knowledge of EU cooperation policies and instruments;
- Proven knowledge of EU PRAG and other donors’ funding procedures;
- Experience in managing EU grants (ICSP would be an asset)
- Ability to interact with people and establish good relationships on a longer term;
- Perfect oral and drafting skills in English (Arabic would be an asset)
- Computer skills MS Office (Excel Word Power Point), Internet, and database;
Proactive and result oriented in his/her work.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter ONLY through our online application https://www.bseurope.com/our-offices, through the "Click here" tab above. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection policy as published in B&S Europe website. No application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.