Project Manager - Security Sector Reform
Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries.
The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
As Project Manager, you are responsible for managing strategic bids and projects in Security Sector Reform. You are responsible for all phases of the projects, from initiation to closure, controlling risk and minimising uncertainties.
You will manage projects related to Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Threats (CBRN) in several countries (mainly South East Asia, Central Asia and Maghreb) and support the development of projects in the security sector worldwide.
- You will participate in the development of new projects (including fact finding mission, proposal writing, partnership set up and experts’ selections);
- You will support the team in other bid management processes;
- You will manage and expand our network of experts, clients and partners.
- You will ensure successful management and closure of ongoing CBRN projects;
- You will organise field monitoring missions to backstopping projects;
- You will ensure optimal organisation of the expert team work, high quality results while meeting financial targets ;
- You will participate in technical assistance projects and/or framework contracts as a technical expert;
- You will represent B&S on the field and contribute to its excellent reputation.
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
- You will help train and grow more junior staff members.
Desired competencies and experience
- You have a university degree in a related field;
- You have 2-5 years’ experience in Project Management;
You have a good understanding of the Security sector and EU strategic documents in Security as well as proven knowledge of:
- EU cooperation policies and instruments
- EU PRAG and other donors’ funding procedures
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You enjoy building and nurturing strong working relationships over time with a variety of stakeholders;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal; French and Spanish are an asset;
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality results within sometimes difficult timeframes;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are comfortable juggling priorities;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- You are willing to travel 10-15% of your time;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
- A permanent contract with benefits;
- Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter ONLY through our website, using the "Click here" tab above. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection policy as published in B&S Europe website. No application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted