Support to External Security Sector Oversight in Georgia
- To increase the human security of people in Georgia by enhancing the accountability of security related actors.
- To consolidate and strengthen the role and activities of independent oversight bodies of Georgia in line with best EU and international practice
- Capacities of the Public Defender’s Office, the State Inspector Service, the Parliament and especially its Parliamentary Defence and Security Committee and the State Audit Office with regard to their oversight functions are strengthened through improvement of internal structures
- and procedures, and strengthening of effective operations;
- Roles and mandates of oversight bodies are further refined in line with European best practices;
- Coordination among oversight bodies and with civil society is strengthened for improved operations and engagement in policy discussion;
- Coordination with and among law enforcement bodies is strengthened;
- Public awareness is raised on oversight roles and activities of mandated oversight bodies to increase public trust in law enforcement agencies and the oversight mechanisms.
Area of competence:
Start of project:
End of Project: