Village Courts Bangladesh: An Assessment and Way Forward
To provide the relevant services of the European Union with:
- An overall independent assessment of the Village Courts in Bangladesh including lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations;
- Identify modifications for the next phase of the Village Courts and propose complimentary activities.
- To look for evidence of why, whether or how the Village Courts are delivering results and seek to identify the factors driving or hindering progress;
- To test and complement the findings of previous studies, notably the 2018 MTR and the 3ie Impact Evaluation;
- To provide an understanding of the links between the Village Courts and the wider judicial sector and to explore possible avenues for stronger degree of formalisation of, and deeper integration with, the justice sector;
- To do a mapping of EU and EU Member States' and other actors’ interventions in the justice sector;
- To make recommendations for future Village Court implementation for EU, and possibly as part of a joint effort with MS ‘Team Europe’.
Asia and Pacific
Area of competence:
RULE OF LAW & JUSTICE
Start of project:
End of Project: